Thursday, September 30, 2004

Touchy, Feel Good Food

Well I just had the best lunch. Why is it that I love those hole in the wall places where people touch you (in a good way) before they serve you food? A few months ago I watched a woman who was covered head to toe, a small half inch hole for her eyes, read Lorca in Barnes and Noble. There was something so beautiful about how she flipped pages without revealing any skin, how she lifted the veil to take a sip of water.
My view of feminism has changed, my need to have people share the same vision has also changed. What defines a strong woman? Is it that she is independent, well read? Wouldn’t that be an educated bias about how one defines strength?
Sometimes I think that the whole purpose of growing old is to empty ourselves of all we believed when we were young…that universal truths do not exist, well maybe some do like kindness or love but the definition of people: what it means to be a writer, a mother, a lover. Those definitions are continually changing.

*
I need to add more links, to other blogs, my work on the web but this is all new to me and the fact that the page kinda works surprises me every time I click on it. So hang on there with me. It requires more time than my lice filled world can handle at the moment. I am here, I am writing and hopefully someone out there is reading.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

display your RSS feeds on their web sites for content.

Anonymous said...

Shop online today. Forget driving to the mall when you can just click the mouse and order from your favorite store. No traffic to deal with