Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I am tempted to delete my long ass post b/c yesterday was one of those days when you want to write down everything, the time you wake, the texture of the apple against your teeth and when I feel like this, it is almost as if I am incased in something I don’t understand—a bird flying into plexi glass, it bends a little but does not break.

Notes came from a publisher yesterday about the first manuscript, so close and yet not. I am too busy thinking about the prose book to worry about the poems but I should. I know I should. When does a book grow up enough to take care of itself?

I am scheduling a reading for the Best New Poets Anthology in Minneapolis so if you are in the book and want to read please email me, if you’re not in the anthology and want to drink lots of wine and come hear us read, email me.

2 comments:

Erin Lynn said...

Yes, Teresa, please keep me posted on the details of the reading at erinlynnmarsh@hotmail.com....
Did you go to Alex Lemon's reading? I meant to but didnt.
-Erin

early hours of sky said...

I didnt make it either but I heard it was wonderful. I really want to read his new book.

I will email you with more details when I have them.