Wednesday, September 29, 2004

I am turning into one of those bloggers who always talk about their children or their pets (you know who you are.) Last night after Isabel's third bath and comb through she stretched herself out in the tub, letting blond hair fall around her, floating flat on her back she said, “look mom, I’m Canada.” I tried for a moment to figure out what animal she was really talking about and then I thought, maybe she really is Canada, reaching out to two oceans, all encompassing. How do we forget that ability to claim ourselves more than we are? How do we stretch our hand out in our lives and say….I am Canada.

*

I am reading two wonderful books at the moment: Middlesex, which is pure how the hell did you think up that story and Dancing In Oddessa, an amazing first poetry book by a 26 yr that makes you want to slit your wrists because he is so good and so young. Okay, maybe not your wrists but you get the idea. I am writing my first book review for Odessa for a local journal. Maybe I should of started with a book I hate but I have always been one of those kinds of girls who eats her dessert first, which always makes me want to write desert, just to really *uck with that editor's mind who loves to spell check my blog…

No comments: