Thursday, May 25, 2006

rhyming poets and republicans

My dream today is that I am going to sell the children and go live in art communities all over the world. Great link here http://www.artistcommunities.org/writing.html

Today in my class we built a working city out of cardboard, we then painted art to go inside our cardboard houses. It was a blast. There’s a housing development outside of Porta Prince, Haiti made entirely of cardboard. I’ve been there and I have had dinner with grown people inside. It was not a blast. It was sad and not b/c they were poor people but b/c in this country, we view them as disposable people.

Who am I to talk---I am selling my children. Livi got a poem from a boy today in six colors: red, pink, yellow, green, blue and orange. “Your body is hot” is written in yellow. I am glad he avoided the obvious red. Thank god it didn’t rhyme. She is forbidden to date rhyming poets and republicans.

I know you are out there, you might be good people but my kid can’t date you.

4 comments:

LoveandSalt said...

You couldn't be more right. Uphold those standards.

Lyle Daggett said...

Likewise, I agree. A wise choice.

Emily Lloyd said...

Sheesh. I'm a rhyming poet. Do the same rules apply to your daughter's mother?

I would only ever write "your body is hot" in purple.

Anonymous said...

We are running the 2nd Annual Rhyming Poetry Contest. Please DL a form from http://poetry.meetup.com/128. Good Luck.