Sunday, January 02, 2005

Girlie Girl

I took down the tree today and put it in the back yard for the sparrows. When it is warmer or I need a fire I will burn it in the pit. I walked around all day like a bird in her cage. I had so much to do and all I wanted to do was read and write which I should have done but felt too guilty to stick to anything more than five minutes.

All day I’ve been looking for my copy of The Orchard and I can not find it in my house. I will be upset with myself if I lost it. I am always taking poetry books places so I can catch five minutes of freedom when the opportunity presents itself.

Already I am thinking about what to wear to Florida, “sexy poet”, “earthy poet,” “the I can’t believe I didn’t rent a car and had walk to the hotel poet”. This week I will get my legs waxed so at least I won’t be the “dear god, is that a bear poet.” Yes, I am that girlie. I am not even going into the other things I am doing;)

I am off to take a bath with my new lavender soap and read the poetry books I can find. Did I mention I was a girlie girl?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! I'll definately be waxing my brows, recoloring my hair, buying a new outfit and getting my nails done. Leg waxing is waaaaaaaaaay to painful. I'm kinda a wimp. I love being girlie!

Ivy said...

Go, you girlie girl! :-) Hope you find The Orchard.