Monday, September 12, 2005

Oh Behold the Seven

Seven Things I Plan To Do Before I Die :

1. stand in the Louvre
2. write a good novel/ children’s book and a few books of poetry
3. raise strong women
4. go to Africa
5. be as happy as I once was and have it not go away
6. return to the ocean to live
7. go to a movie alone ( I see this as a total lack of character)

Seven Things I Can Do :

1. build a thirty feet sculpture with 20 grade schoolers
2. pour cement with three year olds *Please do not try this at home without proper training*
3. read a 400 page book in a night and remember everything that it says. My reading comprehension skills are in the 110th percentile. My math skills are in the low 50’s
4. touch my tongue to my nose
5. use a drill
6. speak enough French, Creole and Spanish to get you a beer.
7. do all the voices for green eggs and ham/ without ever looking at the pages.
can also do this with “Horton Hears a Hoo” and “Chicka Chicka Boom Boom”

Seven Things I Can't Do

1. sew
2. some really small motor skills like threading needles…see above comment
3. cut a straight line
4. give an accurate number there were 50 people at the party. No, Teresa there was ten people at the party.
5. shut my head off
6. a cart wheel (this was incredibly hard to realize while trying out for cheer leading in junior high. Thus why I became a pot smoker with a leather jacket.
7. eat meat loaf

Seven Things That Attract Me to People :

1. intelligence
2. beauty (I know I am suppose to lie here)
3. originality (something about that person has to be totally unique compared to anyone I ever been with before)
4. kindness
5. sushi/ the ability to make/ buy or feed me it on a regular basis
6. sexual energy
7. strong sense of self

Seven Things I Say Most:

1. No! (Because I am a mom)
2. If you do that, you are going to get it stuck in your ear, nose, underwear, mouth… (Because I am a teacher.)
3. My friends….
4. Fuck….Flucker….Fluck it.
5. Hey
6. OLIVIA…ISABEL
7. Okay, WHY DID YOU DO THAT?????

Seven Celebrity Crushes:

1. Anne Sexton (dead)
2. Edwidge Danticat ( I adore her)
3. Paul Celan (also dead)
4. Robin Williams (please don’t ask me to explain this)
5. Amy Bloom
6. Edgar Degas
7. Camille Claudel


Seven People I am tagging:

If you haven’t had

1. a baby in the last week
2. sex today
3. an egg for breakfast
4. written a poem today
5. bitched about the weather
6. to take a child to school
7. had surgery in the last week (on yourself Peter, not in general)

Than you my friend are tagged…

5 comments:

Artichoke Heart said...

Your sevenses are fa-BU-lous! (And ooh . . . Camille Claudel! I wish I'd thought of that one! I almost put down Isabel Adjani b/c she played Camille Claudel, but there's sort of a simulacra problem there that I clearly didn't manage to work through.)

early hours of sky said...

Well I have actually been to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and the Insectarium in Montreal. Now have you see the thousand traveling frog exhibit?

ps. have your read the Camille Claudel book?

steve mueske said...

What's sex?

early hours of sky said...

Spoken like a true married man with two children lol.

Blair said...

I was tagged and have paid my dues...