Friday, October 01, 2004

Book

O happy Friday...I have been thinking about Victoria's question on her blog about jealousy and I still don’t see it as a bad thing. It depends how you define it, I suppose. I read Dancing In Oddessa and I thought, what an amazing book, I wish I had written it. And yes, it DOES make me sad that someone else wrote this amazing book and it wasn’t me but does that make me less of a poet?

I do think there is a sort of arrogance needed in writing, that if writers didn’t posses this thought that what they were saying was important, they would not do what they do because it pays no money, its damn hard, and you never know if anyone will even read it when your done.

Carolyn said that the publication of my book will not define me, neither will my poetry
but I do believe what I write is part of my definition and if I believe that, why am I having such a hard time finishing the book? Am I afraid to finish it?

Maybe because I am waiting for something. Something that will make it the best book I can write and I have no idea what that might be, just like I am always waiting for the perfect poem. Maybe I am just thinking too much---that of course is always possible.

No comments: