Thursday, October 28, 2004

sicker than a dog and the gay man inside

The sniffles that the girls had turned into a full fledge cold with me. Of course b/c I am the grownup but luckily it was my day off today so I spent three hours in bed working on the manuscript with out feeling guilty. In motherhood that doesnt happen often....
How come I can edit better when I am sicker than hell? I think it is the Nyquil, either that or the high fever has made me delusional. Possibly the combination of both.
Nothing new to report. I went to IKEA and bought bookcases today before the chills set in. I am a book addict which means I would take a good book over food and I like owning them. Yes, I know there are libraries but I think I am still scarred from that 30 dollar fine when I was 11 and they banned me from the South Berwick public library for a whole month. If I own it I don’t have to bring it back.
Has anyone out there watched queer as folk? It is like a gay man’s soap opera with a bit more nudity. Yes, I know I am a middle age white woman but I think I have a gay male inside me. And he very much enjoyed the twenty hour dvd set of the first season. Of course I wish he come out during my clothing purchase b/c I never know what to wear. Seems he only to affects my tv viewing, that and theatre. I was the only woman in the first three rows to see Victor Victoria.
Julia Andrews. Simply amazing.
Anyway I am off to bed. Please send soup

No comments: