Saturday, March 07, 2009

Okay so it is Saturday morning and I woke at 6:30 because poor Em has to go to work and I tried to be a good spouse and share the pain which meant basically just turning on the coffee pot. I have to go to a poetry craft talk this morning, way before poets should be allowed to walk the earth.

In fact there was a round of emails floating through the world last night about how no one wants to go and maybe if we all revolted in an organized manner it might be avoided. But as in life, there are always several kiss asses that just need to be good and ruin it for the rest of us.

And if you’re the famous poet giving the craft talk today and for some reason reading my blog. I’m sorry. I like you. I even like some of your poems. I just cannot be told to show up on a Saturday morning with a new poem that embraces music, takes on my personal weakness as a writer and turns it to strength, talks about race, loss of innocence and actually not be crap.

I can turn water into wine but I can’t do this.

1 comment:

LifePoemsProject.com said...

Your poem affected life?! Yes, you can share your lovely poem and its great "after story" with the world... Submit now on LifePoemsProject.com