Wednesday, January 12, 2005

chapbook

Today was another day back at work. I taught a young Picasso class this morning and had preschoolers crawling under the tables (our ceiling) to paint like Michael Angelo, next week we are painting giant flowers on the wall. I love teaching this unit by the time we get to Van Gogh chopping his ear off, they're eating out of my hand.

I received another email about the reading series today. (It is the only good poetry news I’ve had in a month so I’m going to milk it.) It seems they are putting a chapbook together to sell at the event so I guess I have one now. lmao Ivy’s link is still very useful though—thanks Ivy.

I am in a Jane Kenyon kind of mood today, it is snowing outside and I've spent the evening looking up green places to escape to and write. I found this wonderful house in Mexico right on the beach. Oh for the day when poems count for cash.

I am off to read Miss Jane…sleep well everyone

2 comments:

Ivy said...

Yay, chap! It was only a matter of time...

early hours of sky said...

I have four poems in the chapbook, all the others who are reading will have poems in their also. It is really not that big of deal, I just thought it was funny after yesterday's post.

I can't wait to read your book. I will send that stuff out today and just think you have a whole chapbook, you dont have to share with anyone.lol