Saturday, January 01, 2005

orange

Well I’ve gotten a lot of email about the oranges, some think they are sexy and others sad. Light is an amazing thing. Ordinary is beautiful. These are things I know. Sometimes I write about questions on this blog that already know the answers for.

I know I am okay where I am, content most of the time with myself as a writer. It seems at times I have to work out the demons here. And I always struggle between distance and revealing myself.

Today was a quiet day. There were ice storms outside, the rain hitting the window. Thunder in January. Sometimes with all that is going on it is hard to believe the world is not ending. But I suppose it has been ending for a very long time.

Dorriane read her new poem about the moon moving away from the earth. It was beautiful. Word moves me. Today I sent out two submissions: The Seneca Review and Hunger Mountain. No mail today which means stalking the mail man has not paid off.

I am quiet with myself, not happy, not sad. I am just enjoying my time as an orange.

No comments: