Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Half Baked

Well I actually have poetry news today. I was just asked to read on the 26th of February as part of the Loose Leaf Poetry Reading Series in Minneapolis. The funny thing about it is, they want to bill me as “almost famous” which is kinda like half baked, don’t you think? Not that I am about to kick any horse in the mouth but Bible verses of being luke warm and being spat from the mouth of God keep coming to my head.

Luckily I just ordered new poetry reading glasses, really funky ones and I can test them out and see if the half baked theory holds true. The things so far you have gained by reading my blog that you would of never guessed about me

I’m almost famous
I’m vain
I post way too many photos
I wax my legs
I whine
I whimper
and I don’t have a chapbook

4 comments:

Ivy said...

So you'll be going this, then? ;-)

Ivy said...

Oops, that's 'for this'.

Geez, after I previewed it and all.

Suzanne said...

You go with your bad self! Congrats on the reading, the new glasses, the almost famous title. Wax + Legs = Ouch!! You're tough for a whiner who also wimpers. (wink)I like your photos and I'm pretty sure we're all vain. xo

Suzanne said...

ps Aren't you the one who's shopping around her Book? Puhlease!