Friday, January 18, 2008

Well, I almost had to…(gasp) go to the doctor but I think I’ve gotten over the hump now, though I’ve had more drugs in me the last few days then I thought possible. I made it through the work week AND it should be noted that in my Nyquil stupor I was able to plan and book a vacation to San Francisco in the next few weeks.

Thank you dear Jesus, b/c it’s going to be 40 degrees BELOW ZERO this weekend and if I don’t have something to visualize I might go insane. While taking the girls to school today (it was a warm 1 degree in the sun ) the radioman said, if one wanted to boil a pot of water and throw it up in the air outdoors, it would actually make SNOW. What a great party trick.

The fact that I live in a state where entertainment involves throwing things up in the air, while freezing your ass off, is enough to make me want to stay in San Francisco and never come back.

3 comments:

Molly said...

Tomorrow, for me: Florida

Yesterday, for me: moving friends from Winona to the Twin Cities

My husband had ice crystals on his beard from breathing outdoors yesterday. From breathing. Oy.

early hours of sky said...

have fun Molly. I took a taxi from the hotel to the ocean when I was there and it was worth it.

Tell Miles I said hello and if you see Ginger who is the editor of the Cortland Review...give her a big hug from me.

Molly said...

I said hello to Mimi (haven't had a chance to speak with Miles just yet) and she remembers you and says hello from her and Miles right back! :)

Ryan just arrived with a rental car, so I'm making him take me to the ocean. I've seen it many times, but it feels wrong to be so close!!