Monday, July 25, 2005

Today we made shiny sculptures to hang from trees and I had a group of six year olds work on a mosaic sink for the art school. The small things I offer to the universe b/c I can do nothing else but say, here are the ropes to string, the ropes which hold us.

I understand that if I get through this summer with all my fingers it may be a luxury, today I was holding a pipe while an 8 yr old worked the saw and I thought I love my fingers, my fingers are good fingers Tomorrow I will bring work gloves.

I have the best knife in the world, it cuts everything. It is the best knife I have ever had. It is purple and beautiful, more me than anything else in the workshop. It has flowers. It is a don’t fluck with me I am great teacher kind of knife. It will carry me to the other side of the summer.

4 comments:

666poetry-finchnot said...

lol t

yes / good fingers

good teacher ////


you are such
a beautiful woman / thanx
for always being here / making
me smile //

glad your summer is so wonderful

~jennx

early hours of sky said...

Actually the summer has been hell
but teaching has been wonderful.

Radish King said...

I love this I have a knife.

I understand this.

Last summer, a brain surgeon violinist gave me a scapel for my birthday. She knew it would be the exact right gift, and it was.

Suzanne said...

You have the coolest job.