Wednesday, August 24, 2005

For Lee

My horoscope today

LEO (JULY 23-AUG. 22): According to the legends of many cultures, every one of us has a doppelganger somewhere on the planet: a person who looks exactly like us. The modern sciences of genetics and statistics go further, saying that there are at least 80 people worldwide who are our spitting image. If you're ever going to meet one of these doubles, Leo, it will probably be in the coming weeks. But even if you don't, I predict that the whole world will become a giant mirror, reflecting back to you visions of yourself that you haven't been able to see before.

3 comments:

Artichoke Heart said...

Hee. Oh my . . . I foresee much willy-nilly fracturing of the space time continuum, then! BTW, did you know that I have a doppelganger in my very own tiny South Dakota town who apparently hangs out at the Pump 'n Stuff? Where do you think you'll run into your forecasted DG, I wonder?

early hours of sky said...

I think mine would be at the DQ under the hot fudge spout.

Anne Haines said...

I once ran across my doppelganger (or a picture of her, anyway) on an online lesbian dating site. I was idly poking around and all of a sudden there I was looking out from the screen, sitting in a room where I swear I've never been. It was WEIRD. After I looked at the picture for a while she stopped looking quite so much like me, but it was pretty darned eerie.