Thursday, August 04, 2005

I have been working on submissions all day. It seems the drugs make me feel like I can write. I am asking for refills. I have been invited to do several workshops in the next few months. I really need to win some grants so I don’t have to sell the children. The medication makes me bitter. I think I might have been slightly bitter before but I am too idealistic to except my bitterness.

I miss the water. On my trip I saw a 600 pound bear, at first I thought it was a black cow on the side of the road then it stood on its hind legs. What a cool cow My friend who has lived in a city her whole life, who thank god was not driving, turned to me and said do we have any food to feed it?

My father used to guide hunting trips in the deep woods of Maine, sometimes he would take me along. I remember once, when I was seven, he had just finished cleaning up the mess of someone who actually thought a cow was a deer and he said in his deep, dad voice remember Teresa, the stupid always get eaten.

I have no idea if that is profound. I found a two year old can of French onion soup in the cupboard. I am happy.

2 comments:

Lyle Daggett said...

That was hilarious and totally weird about the cow that was really a bear. I don't want to say anything about your friend, never having met her, but I've also lived my whole life in a city, and I know enough not to feed the bears...

When I get sick (fortunately not often) I particularly crave food with hot peppers. And yes, of course, cold liquid. Hope you get well soon.

early hours of sky said...

My friend actually believes that she has this gift with animals and to be fair, any stray cat in a forty mile radius will come up to her and purr but the fact is A) the cat is not a bear and B) my ass was in the car.