Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I am tired, the girls and I spend the day at the Minnesota State Fair. We saw a cow give birth and I realized why my parents never really had to talk to me about birth control in adolescence. I was very much a farm girl and watched animal produce and give birth my whole life. Both my girls walked away from the experience today with the firm belief that they will never, EVER do that;)

Bella ate a hot dog that was actually 12 inches long and three people stopped to take her photo b/c when you do this with no teeth it’s really cute. We made spin art with Frisbees and all three of us recieved matching tattoos. We didn’t eat a single thing that was good for us and I thought of Loudon when I saw deep fried candy bars. Dear Lord, the things they put on a stick.

It was a good day. It was a long day. I am working on the grant tomorrow and I am promising myself I WILL finish it.

6 comments:

Patty said...

What is this "spin art with frisbess" of which you speak?

Radish King said...

I've never had a deep fried candy bar. The best I could hope for in Seattle is deep fried tofu. I'd try it, however. The candy bar I mean, and the tofu.

Anything on a stick is just this side of heaven as far as I'm concerned.

Charles said...

There is nothing quite like the Minnesota State Fair.

early hours of sky said...

Patti, instead of putting paper in the spin art thingie you but a frisbee and pour paint on it.

R- they also had deep fried twinkies.

Charlie-yes and the giant slide was a blast.

Patry Francis said...

Love the name Bella. And oh yes, good luck with the grant.

Anonymous said...

I would also check out volkswagen jetta review