Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Note Body

I have so much I need to do and hardly anything I WANT to do. Writing seems like a distant memory and writing keeps me sane so I don’t think the days look brighter up ahead. Yesterday, I tried to self talk myself into thinking of poetry as another child and to make time for it accordingly but nothing as changed. The truth is the screaming, flesh and blood kids make more noise.

I am asking for books for Christmas. I am sure you’re all shocked by this. After the holidays I have two weeks off, of course with the girls so it really isn’t time off but I did sign them up for several days of fun with someone else and I plan to read, write, read and then I might write.

Bella (my six year old) has her first notebook because she starting to write out words and make sentences. She wanted her own space like mommy. Today on the cover I found this “My Note Body” which I think is a hell of lot better then notebook. I am horrible at not correcting her because I like the words she makes up far better than the ones I am offered in the dictionary.

My note body. I really need a note body. I need everything that I think in my head to come flying out on paper then it would truly be a beautiful day.

3 comments:

LKD said...

Writing keeps me INsane. (grin) Seriously. Either I'm crazy because I write, or I write because I'm crazy. Or both.

Am I like the only freak on the face of the earth who wishes to be insanely busy, so pressed for time that I can hardly breathe? Because that's when I'm most productive, writing-wise. I have fond memories of scribbling poetry instead of studying the night before exams, or revising and revising a poem hours before final papers were due. Do you carry a notebook--note body (smile)-- with you everywhere so you can at least scratch down lines?

Ramble, ramble, blather, blather. Christ, I do go on. (grin)

So, what books are on your wish list? What titles did you whisper in Santa's ear?

Laurel---who will shut up NOW!

ps: Do you bake Xmas cookies? I've "created" two kickass cookies, last year and this year, using that refrigerated sugar cookie dough. One's a cinnamon nut pinwheel, the other, which I created last night, is an apricot nut cookie. Talk about serious YUM---and easy.

early hours of sky said...

I baked ginger bread cookies with ten four year olds today, did I mention I was alone with them. I turned around to get a spatula and there was a cloud of flour like Hiroshima over their heads. It was a blast.

Yes, you are the only insane one dear Laurel, the rest of us are perfectly normal. Note the example above.

early hours of sky said...

Wayne I hope it works better for you than it did for Bukowski.