Wednesday, December 29, 2004

take it all off

To keep up with the dream posts going around in the blog world, last night I dreamt I was taking an Anthropology class and for the final the professor had us be strippers. We had to work on routines, pick out our own music and clothing. It was a hell of a lot more work than one would imagine.

He told us to reveal ourselves only to the point we felt comfortable. Needless to say, I was bare-chested swinging around a pole in black undies to Billy Joel’s Only The Good Die Young, which with the logical thinking of waking, I realize would be a very difficult routine. Maybe something simpler like BINGO.

Anyway quite a bit of dream was about whether to take my bra off while facing the audience or with my back turned and then the realization of never being able to the undo the metal clasps.

Why can’t I have Steve’s literary dreams? Wow even in my sleep I am blocked. May the poetry gods smile on me soon or may I get better hips so I can make a living.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is a lot of work. Exhausting physically and emotionally. I rarely had boyfriends when i danced because I hated sex so much. When I did have boyfriends they were always shocked at how I seemed not interested in sex at all. Maybe the dream is an indication of how much you want to reveal in your writing, or how writing can seem like a 'job' and lose its fun?

Hopefully the workshop will inspire you! Only three weeks! We're so THERE!!!

jenni