Friday, August 12, 2005

Well it does seem like I’ve lost people’s comments from all the computer crap unless of course I can figure out how to make them come back. All matter exists somewhere. What is the weight of the soul? Forche has that line in Blue Hour. I am very jealous of that line.

I have read three books in the last two days. Both Fanny Howe’s Gone and On The Ground. Carolyn wanted me to study her use of rhythm and line. I tend to fuck with syntax. Not in the good way like Davis, where you want to watch but in the bad way that makes you go what in the hell is that woman doing?

C.D. Young has this wonderful post about editing and “Little Emerson” and the process of picking poetry. It got my ass in gear and actually made me read submissions this morning. It is amazing how much we write about the same subjects over and over again. I think sometimes, half the battle of having a poem accepted is actually writing an original poem. Find the one thing no one is writing about.

Good luck with that.

5 comments:

Charles said...

The weight of the soul is 21 grams.

early hours of sky said...

What is you have an over weight soul or emaciated soul? Or simply one that does not get out much.

jz said...

damn -- you beat me to the 21 grams line.

just came here to say hi T

hi

i think the soul (at least mine) gets heavier as i get older....

or maybe it starts out real heavy and then gets lighter and lighter as we grow older until it is nothing and then we die...

whew...need to go and have my friday drink.

Radish King said...

My soul has wide hips and knows how to shake its ass.

early hours of sky said...

yes we all KNOW that Rebecca

*double snort*

and hi back Jim