Thursday, March 17, 2005

The Big Stick

Okay chickas Jude gave me the stick so you might want to stand back cause I’m not afraid to use it.

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?
Dante’s The Divine Comedy

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
I have crushes on writers not characters (those people are made up) though I do think Jane Eyre was pretty hot.

The last book you bought is: I buy books in packs. I haven’t bought one book at a time since I was twelve and received my own allowance.
Velocities: New and Selected Poems
The Letters of Vincent Van Gogh
Swallow: Poems
The Porcupine’s Kisses
Waterbone


The last book you read: Mercy by Lucille Clifton and I read it six times. The last fiction I read was The Collected Stories of Grace Paley.

What are you currently reading? Cocktails by D.A. Powell, Blind Huber by Nick Flyn and The Monster Lives Of Boys and Girls by Eleni Sikelianos.

Five books you would take to a deserted island:

The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook: I’ve actually read this several times and if you have to land a plane or fight a bear I’m your girl.
The Complete Kama Sutra: Eventually somebody is going to show up on the island and if they don’t, hell I have pictures.
Complete Works of Anne Sexton: because I love her and she loves me. (Did I mention I have crushes on dead writers:)
Complete Works of Paul Celan: because I am pretty bi about whom I have crushes on.
Complete Works of Shakespeare: He wrote a hell of a lot of stuff and I love to read.


Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
Emily Lloyd: because she smokes by her computer and this will keep her hands busy.
Wendy Wisner: because I like her and she has her own Wendy House.
Eduardo C. Corral: because his name is fun to say and I am sure he will bring in cute boys somehow.

1 comment:

Wendy Wisner said...

You're so sweet! I finally did it.