Wednesday, March 02, 2005

So I still need to figure out how to put another color on the side so I don’t blind poor Rebecca with all this green. Green use to show up in my poetry a lot and now it is deer, deer are everywhere. At least I am through my stone phase but I am still waiting for something original to show up, oh to have an original thought.

I had a good conversation this week with one of the people from gray wolf press. I think I am going to send my manuscript there. It is funny how all your ideas about a book change; when I first began all I thought about was Yale. I did not see anything else and than it began to include a couple others. Still Yale for me will be a hard thing to give up.

I am preparing myself to hear from them at anytime rejecting the manuscript because I think I have about as much chance of being chosen as wings sprouting from my back, still the Vodka is waiting in the fridge.

Right now I just want to concentrate on my work and not worry about publication. I want the joy to come back and I think I have been thinking too much about how to get things done. Oh the balance…

2 comments:

Radish King said...

Green is good. I was happy to find it here. I haven't been able to read your blog for a while.

Suzanne said...

At first I thought I took a wrong turn on the way over here...I like it. It's very spring-y. :-)

Graywolf is one of my very favorite publishers.