Sunday, March 06, 2005

Getting old

It was a beautiful spring day here but I heard it was going to snow this week so it will be short lived. I have pussy willows popping out, don’t you love that word? I am sure the other flowers will follow suit. This will be the first spring of my whole life without a lilac tree. I have never lived anywhere, where there was not one in yard. Ours was killed last fall by the freak accident of a lover trying to help “clean” the yard and my beautiful lilacs are gone. I suppose I will turn into one of those old ladies by the high way with scissors and a jar. It is a sad fate when you are not even forty yet.

I’ve always been told I would a fabulous old lady. I think that is the polite way to say, you are incredibly eccentric and eventually that will be a good thing. Anyway bring it on, I need some wisdom in my life. Please don’t let me just get old and stupid.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

The worst part of getting older is that the image I have of myself -- the way I look -- is the image of me when I was 27, and let me tell you looking in the mirror these days is more than a bit shocking. Alas, 27 is long gone. Anyway, I'm going to be an awesome old lady--shotgun and all.

I feel so bad about your lilac tree. My favorite week in spring is when the lilacs bloom.

early hours of sky said...

that is why jesus invented cover photos;)