Monday, March 07, 2005

for those of you who have a $100 and a Levine fetish this was in my email box this morning.

(There are still a few spaces remaining for this very special benefit
reading by Phil Levine. If interested, please contact Terry Ehret asap.)

Dear Literary Folk,
As most of you know, back in 1999, I co-founded Sixteen Rivers Press
with several other Bay Area Poets. We're a collective publishing outfit
(meaning no one makes any money, but we make beautiful books!), and
we have recently become a non-profit venture as well.

On the evening of April 7, 2005, we will be hosting a benefit reading with
Phil Levine. This will be held in a private home overlooking Sausalito. It
will give 40 people an opportunity to meet Levine in a champagne
reception, and to hear him read from his newest collection, Breath. It's
pricey ($100), so I know many of you won't be able to consider this, but
since the seating will be so limited, I wanted to give any of you Phil Levine
fans first crack at the opportunity.

If any of you are interested, please contact me at my home e-mail
(tehret99@comcast.net), and I will make sure you get an invitation mailed
to you.

5 comments:

Radish King said...

Or you can meet me for $6.75. Just bring a bottle of wine with you.

early hours of sky said...

hell I am only $3.95 and a good bagel

Amy D. Unsworth said...

Oh dear. I'd be happy to pay the $100 for the dinner. Levine's one of my favorite poets. Unlucky for me that the coast is so so far away.

early hours of sky said...

I think he is doing some workshops this summer but then you dont get wine. Do you live in the midwest?

Amy D. Unsworth said...

I'll bring the wine & bagels for you and rebecca, too.

I'm in Kansas, which is a nice place to be. So, yes, very midwest. And it feels far away from California; we moved here from there. But the drive through Nevada and Utah was gorgeous, the land is beautiful in the eerie way that the Southwest can be.

I haven't been looking around much at the workshops, but I'd be very tempted. I didn't realize that Levine was still teaching.