Saturday, March 19, 2005

This is my last stick after this people have to start throwing beer.

What is the strangest compliment you received on one of your poems?

Didi talks about someone coming up (it has to be a guy, yes I know this is sexist but I bet I am right) and saying he masturbated to one of her poems, how you keep a straight face during that I’ll never know.

Anyway my compliment is kind of the 360 of that, one of my poems Hide which I read quite a bit has a section that says

the first time I touched
the fur of my body
my fingers slipped easily into the folds

which means I have to tell (on a good night) 40 strangers that I like to touch myself.

Anyway my compliment was when an older woman came up to me after I read that poem and said, “I am so very proud of you dear.”

I am still to this day not sure if she was proud that I read it out loud or because I could find my vagina.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

YOu are right about it being a guy. The poem was not really even sexual. It was someone that I have known forever (since I was a kid) and I ran into him in a party and he called me the next day saying he wanted to see me (date). I confessed to him that when I was a teenager I had a wild crush on him. I later wrote a poem about those feelings. He emailed me the next day saying how much he had enjoyed the poem...not once enjoyed but three times. Yikes. Anyway, needless to say, we never saw each other.

C. Dale said...

OMG, Too funny. People do say the strangest things about poems.

Emily Lloyd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

WARNING!! POETRY THEFTS IMMINENT

Myself and Ron Sillyman are alerting all gifted poets to the fact that there has been a collapse in the ouvres of Brendan, Paul and Seamus here at the World Poetry Council HQ in Dublin. Please direct yourself to the link and search the 4 blogsites to see if any of your words have been blatantly plagerised.

PS

Have a look on the poem.uk site discussion board. The latest hot topic is arousal and Roddy Lumsden, Mark Granier and the rest are all swapping semi soft porm poems

Good Luck

Peter said...

" . . . he masturbated to one of her poems, how you keep a straight face during that I’ll never know."
HAHA . . . now I've heard everything. That is really funny.

Emily Lloyd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
early hours of sky said...

C.D., yes they do.

Peter, hope your vaction went well and I am glad you are back.

Em, yeah hopefully he did go home...ewwww

And Erin, was that thump you falling out of your chair