Tuesday, January 10, 2006

It's time for 2006 Split Rock Preview which not only offers wonderful writing classes but painting and fiber arts as well. I am taking the poetry class with Tess Gallagher (I’m going to ask her if I can ride her horse.) I actually woke up the cat with my small shrieks when I realized she was teaching. There’s also another poetry class with Bob Hicok but I don’t think he has a horse….

Plus the good news is, if your not a stalker-- we can a have beer and a fire in my back yard because it's ten minutes from my house.

And if you’re Suzanne Frischkorn, you get a free, red-cross certified 12 year old babysitter to watch Emily and Jack and if you are NOT her, well I’m very sorry but we are picky about babies in our house.

6 comments:

Anne Haines said...

I loved Split Rock the year that I went. (I had a workshop with Kate Green.) If I weren't so dead-set on going to Provincetown this year, I'd be seriously thinking about Split Rock! Alas, I can only do one...

Suzanne said...

We are SO there. Send me directions. ;-)

xoxox

early hours of sky said...

Anne they have really good scholarships which pay for everything, you should at least apply and see what happens.

And Suzanne, I am totally serious and Liv is wonderful with kids. Apply. Apply.

Anne Haines said...

The scholarships are a good idea, but I don't think that will give me an extra week of vacation time from work. :)

Suzanne, you should definitely go! Split Rock is a blast. At least, it was back in 1990 or whenever it was that I went. (Wow, has it really been that long?)

Suzanne said...

You've inspired me--I bookmarked the site! xo

steve mueske said...

I'll be taking one of those two classes -- probably leaning toward Hicok, though. I love Split Rock -- it's the highlight of my year.

Steve