Saturday, November 13, 2004

Angels...

After the last post I thought, “Hell I am not even sure if I believe in soul mates.” But I do think there are people you meet that you have unexplained history with. My two best friends I knew within ten seconds that were indeed my best friends.

My favorite stories in the bible were about these angels that sat on their knees in the throne room of god, every few seconds they would go up in flames because they were filled with so much love. Then they were recreated only to go up in flames again. This was their eternity.

I believe the bible messed up my view of love far more than Cinderella or Snow White ever did. I mean really…..

1) true love is to let ppl. beat ya and nail ya
2) tie your son to a rock and have the knife ready
3) you can be naked have sex but don’t go looking for fruit
4) never look back
5) love for animals may be tested by boarding large boats

See, if you expose young children to this before they can walk, it is no wonder they grow up to be, well, poets….

2 comments:

Radish King said...

I love this "I do think there are people you meet that you have unexplained history with."

I've always found angels to be terrifying and dangerous and, basically, bearers of bad news. "Hey! You're going to have a baby. Yeah, I know you're a virgin. Sorry." Or "Hi there. It's the end of the world." Stuff like that.

Oddly, I was having this exact conversation today with a friend who is one of those people with whom I have an unexplained history, as well as an explained history, in the very guts of the university hospital which is as Biblical place as any I've ever seen.

*shudders*

early hours of sky said...

Helm, I think to get up every day one must has some sort of faith and always think of poetry as prayer.

Rebecca, yes I agree about the angels, they never seem to just come in for coffee...