Saturday, November 06, 2004

pissy as hell

Yesterday was a hell day at work and I spent two hours talking to a co worker about it this morning. We have a new boss and of course, she wants to change everything so it looks like to her bosses that she is doing something, and she is starting with the most successful programs first. How irritating.
I had written up my class load for winter and she asked me not to teach one of my classes, which I’ve never had happen before, when I asked her the reason she said, she didn’t feel I was passionate enough about it.
What the hell. She has never observed me teaching this class. And besides wearing a little cheerleading outfit and jumping up and down. I am a pretty passionate person, in fact too much. I don’t do things I don’t like, I don’t teach classes I don’t like and I have spent hundreds and hundred of dollars with a therapist to be less rule by that corner of my brain. My shrink will so happy to know it’s working….
So now I am left with the problem of what to do. Whether to write her and figure out what the pluck she's talking about or to let it go. Okay so I wont let it go (see once again passionate personality) but right now I am so pissed off I want to tell her to take a flying leap.
I have students I adore there, who wait to get into my classes and if I stop working it will their loss and not hers. So I am caught between trying to be civil and yet I am so angry I could spit. Thank god it is the weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I would definately confront her. Not only because she sounds like a tyrant, but because the action itself indicates "passion"--the very thing she accuses you of
not having.