Thursday, March 03, 2005

chaos

I am suffering from submission woes which don’t seem to have a cure except publication. I sent off three batches of poems today, one journal I’ve submitted to three times. The please, dear god take me did not make it into the cover letter but almost.

My problem, besides no desk of my own and 130 boxes of girls scout cookies sitting in my living room, is that I am at the difficult place of “stuck”.

The bigger print journals I need to get into I am “close” to getting into i.e. hand written notes, we fought about this poem at staff meeting yaddaaa ya but at last NO. And it would seem for sanity sake I would forget about them and concentrate on the more “lovely” smaller journals that at this moment I would say have better taste. I don’t know. Maybe because I am nuts…

Okay so my horoscope says to accept chaos and that if I do that, I will find god. WHATEVER. Personally I would like a cabin in the woods, several bottle of Merlot and a good type writer then we will see what deities show up.

6 comments:

Anne Haines said...

I hear you on the submission woes. I haven't had anything accepted since August and at this point I'm about ready to send something to Joe Schmoe's Internet Poetry And Kittycat Pictures Review just to get something besides a rejection slip.

Maybe you should try bribing editors with boxes of Girl Scout cookies? :)

Suzanne said...

You have Girl Scout cookies and you didn't tell me?! WTF? I want the S'mores and the Thin Mints. I don't know any damn girl scouts.

______

As for subs, I'm just waiting for my last 8 and getting off the sub train for a bit. I can only go through the damn process for so long--kwim?
xo

early hours of sky said...

Suzanne, I tried to send you two Scouts in a box when they were running around wild in my house a few months ago, remember? But no, you had to go get your self knocked up lmao so you could have one of your own. And my kids even came with cute names.

Anne, Damn the Kittycat Review takes poetry?

Suzanne said...

Sigh, if only you had mentioned the Girl Scout cookies back then...I would have happily paid c.o.d. for the darlings. ;-)

Ana Božičević said...

oh wait, you must be a leo, right? my husband is also, i read the same horoscope for him the other day... very good advice, but it it achievable? ah...

early hours of sky said...

Ana, yes I am Leo. Does your husband have good hair? I always think leo should have good hair just like all gardeners should be nice people.

S-they are headed to you chocolated dipped.