Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Yin

Yesterday I got a call from the Minneapolis Institute of Art and they just receive a grant to bring in more art education to the inner city which is wonderful. What is even better is they want me to be the artist. Hopefully I will not jinx myself by writing this.

Lately I’ve been telling the universe I am open to changing my job, to taking different paths. I’ve also told the universe I open to having my book published by a major press but they haven’t gotten back to me on that one yet;)

Anyway we are opening with an exhibit on Japanese Tigers which is interesting b/c they are no tigers in Japan but artists created these creature by stories in the early 17th century and by the closest creature on hand, the cat. And as media comes in to play i.e. the photograph the image of these tigers change.

I have to say I am little in love with the bug eyed creatures. Also to bore the hell out of you Tigers are identified as the yin, the power of the feminine. Don’t tell me there is no connection.

4 comments:

Ivy said...

Yay! That grant sounds wonderful!

early hours of sky said...

Yes, I hope it all comes out well in the end.

Charles said...

I may have asked you this, but are you in Mpls now? That's one of my two favorite places on earth.

I took a graphic design class at MCAD when I lived there. It was the closest I've ever been to being a real "art" artist.

early hours of sky said...

Yes I am in Mpls.