Friday, March 18, 2005

FYI

-I want someone to bury the damn stick or think up new questions.
-I worked for ten hours today
-my new boss from hell made someone cry and it wasn’t me
-I am having 8 eleven year old girls sleep over tomorrow and that beats out anything Dante could think up.
-it snowed two feet or maybe 6 inches, anyway it equals a hell of a lot of stuff on my steps.
-my chapbook it done
-my manuscript is done (again)
-and I am really, really mad at myself for not going to breadloaf and for making money instead
-all the writers I have crushes on are dead which may mean I have some intamacy issues.

3 comments:

LKD said...

New stick:

1. So, you're not gonna live forever but it has been said that art is immortal. If you could be any single poem or painting, which would you be and why? (if you'd like, choose one of each)

2. So, you're never gonna hook up with a famous poet but you can dream, can't you? If you could have a one-nighter with a famous poet, who would it be and what do you think the sex would be like?

3. So, it's easy enough to develop a crush on a fictional character but what if the situation were reversed? What fictional character do you wish could come to life and pursue (or um, stalk) you?

4. So, it's easy enough to ponder hypothetical questions about desert islands, but what about the real world? What single book have you read and reread? What single book on your shelf is so yellowed and dog-earred that it's falling apart? What single book do you press into your friends hands and say: You've GOT to read this. ?

5. So, you're gonna break down and finally get a tattoo like the rest of the world. What line of poetry would you have tattooed upon your skin and where on your body would that line be inked?

There. There's your stick. You asked for it. You got it. Pass it on to 3 people. I'll pass this stick on to Hannah and Suzanne. And heck, I may actually make my blog public and answer the questions myself. I think it's time I became an actual member of this blog community instead of merely a commenter.

Laurel

Unknown said...

I am going to make up a stick game...stop by the blog in a few. I am gonna stick you with the question and you pass it around.

d.

Peter said...

" . . . all the writers I have crushes on are dead which may mean I have some intimacy issues."

Teresa: this is so funny, it made me choke on my yogurt.