Monday, March 21, 2005

I am tired. All the business of the last few weeks is catching up to me. I realized this when I found my self drooling over Peter’s pool photos and wondering if I could actually throw myself through the computer screen.

I think I have been reading too much poetry lately. Yes, I did say that out loud. Sometimes I think you have to live a poetic life as much as read about one. I mean all the great artists packed up their bags and ventured off somewhere. I am ready to write a travel grant to study butterflies in Mexico. I have a friend who did that.

The world is an odd place, they actually gave her 10,000 dollars to sit in a field and feel inspired. It is true, I may be resentful but it does feel a bit foolish. I need to write more grants. I need water. I need sleep.

No comments: