Monday, April 18, 2005

Damn will someone show me AGAIN how to post a hyper link? The review is out. It is okay. I was proud of it and now well it is okay. It is very cool however to see my name next to Lucille Clifton. and it is not even Teresa Ballard the stalker was arrested.

Peter post’s about Patti Smith made me go and look at all our old Florida photos…now I am depressed. The funny thing is, before I knew Patti her poetry was more powerful to me and now I don’t know, it feels different and I wonder if it is like that for everyone. Maybe it’s just me but I wonder if getting to know a poet as person makes the reader lose essential distance. Hmmm

I also am afraid to read poetry books of people I know. I have three books by my bed of bloggers I really like that I am afraid to open. Maybe I am just whacked.

12 comments:

Peter said...

OMG: you know Patti Smith? She is one of my goddesses of all time. I broke my teeth listening to her when I was 17. Can you introduce me?

early hours of sky said...

Okay you are talking about the poet right???

Emily Lloyd said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
early hours of sky said...

okay this is my girl
http://www.english.uiuc.edu/maps/poets/s_z/p_smith/p_smith.htm

lol, I feel so out of the music loop. What a nerd I am.

Peter said...

Hi Teresa:
Emily is right. "My" Patti Smith was a legendary Punk Rocker and Poet from the mid-70's. She still puts out an occassional album; but her hey-day was back then. She had a book of poems that I adored when I was a teenager; looking at them now, they were actually pretty lame. But her music still ROCKS!
See "Radio Ethiopia" "Easter" "Horses"

Suzanne said...

A friend of mine saw Patti Smith (punk rocker) read once and said Patti read her poem, crumpled it up, threw it on the floor, then stalked off the stage and out of the venue. My friend told me that's when she learned the value of 'always leave them wanting more.' :-)

Anne Haines said...

Patti Smith (aka "Peter's Patti Smith" which just makes me giggle a bit) was one of my high school idols too. I spent long hours staring at the cover of "Easter" while listening to the music on headphones. I didn't quite know why I wanted to stare at her picture so much. Hah!

Radish King said...

You wanted to stare at her because
1. She's a violinist and violinists are just plain beautiful.

and

2. Robert Mapplethorpe took that photo.

A. D. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A. D. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A. D. said...

T-
If no one has shown you how to post a hyperlink yet, just use the following form:

<a href="web address">Text</a>

So for a link to Google you can just type:

<a href="http://www.google.com">Google</a>

and it will show up as:

Google

early hours of sky said...

thank you A.D.

I read this on your blog before but it quickly left me. Thanks