Friday, April 08, 2005

up, up and away

I spent the morning reading submissions. I figured the drugs had worn off to make everything comprehensible but were still in my system enough to make lines like “horny snow” bearable. I never understood that being an editor could be painful.

I have another meeting with the editors of graywolf and this time I will give them a updated finished manuscript. I swear I will. I tried Rebecca’s idea of telling myself I can’t write a poem to in fact make my body write a poem and unfortunately my mind does not accept reverse psychology.

I should of known this, in junior high our school psychologist use to have me picture hot air balloons and put all my troubles on them. The trouble was my problems were always baby grand pianos and fell on her head. To this day I can’t get through a visualizing exercise without giggling. Not good if you are an art therapist on the side.

No comments: