Saturday, April 02, 2005

singing dolls and sylvia

I decided for about 15 minutes today that I would not blog anymore. I also made a list of the reasons I don’t think I am writing very much lately. Sadly it was titled why T.E. Ballard is writing shit and had reasons like owning too many books and getting laid on a regular basis. My mother says ladies are not supposed to use the word laid but it is a wonderful word. I also have singing dolls on the list—if you don’t have children you have no idea how many poems singing dolls can suck out of your head.

On the quest to find something to blow my socks off I bought Adrienne Rich’s new book and the wonderful C.D. Wright that the very tall Charlie introduced me to. I also ordered Eating in the Underworld and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. Hopefully my mind will be stirred.

And because it is the first day of “Teresa’s alone writing time” I rented Sylvia and bought of a bottle of Goats Do Rome. The Sylvia movie was okay. I hate Paltrow and I wish ppl would stop giving her literary roles but at least she did not play Sexton.

Oh and my alone time ended by 8 because my baby wanted to come home and sleep in my bed instead of staying at her friend's house. She is now in her bedroom with her dolls and yes, they are singing....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey TE

The poem you left on the Writers Block (Signs) was phenomenal. Lovely. It told my own experience in a way no one else could possibly to know. I'm still dealing with the worms and the newborn is now 10.

So I'm leaving this comment to tell you the TE does NOT write shit.

I wasn't too fussed on the Sylvia either - I thought the angle was all wrong. I ended up turning it off at the water's edge.

Jude

early hours of sky said...

Truth is I still write shit…sometimes. I think the mantra for the month is we need to allow ourselves. And I am sorry about the worms, my daughter is now seven but I know how it feels to be in the thick of it.

Radish King said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Suzanne said...

I would have someone kidnap those singing dolls when your daughters are at school. ;-)

Charles said...

1. Your new photo is beautiful.
2. I would watch Gwyneth Paltrow do her dishes (but preferably my dishes).
3. Please never think you should stop blogging.
4. I would eagerly trade more regular boning for less poetry, as long as the remaining poems had good teeth and strong bones.
5. Enjoy C. D. The blur of memoir, critique, and theory is dizzying.

early hours of sky said...

Rebecca, that is what I like about your blog, even though you deleted the comment:) Your honesty always pushes me to write better, isnt that what great writers do?

Suzanne, oh if only I could..if only I could.

Charles, thank you about the photo but I need your wicked grin. I am enjoying CD thank you for that.