Saturday, September 03, 2005

I adore Picasso. I have been avoiding posting anything here b/c I don’t want to bump it down the page. My second book of poetry is going to be called “Woman with a Book” just so I can use this painting. And don’t go stealing my title. I am still angry at Miranda Field for stealing my title “Swallow.”

Today I went to the farmer’s market and tasted chocolate sweet potato pie for the first time. Today I had sweet potato pie for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I think I squeezed in some sliced tomatoes with fresh basil but the pie carried me through the day.

Thunder is speaking in the sky and it is one of those day where I miss everything b/c the one thing I truly miss I can’t name. What started out as a small ache in the morning has grown and I need sleep.

The girls are off to school in two days and the moon is waxing then waning. Why is it some things are still beautiful no matter how many times you say them? You have told me you’ve loved me a hundred times and yet this morning it was a new word. My word. Tonight the moon is waxing then waning. I am living on sugar and dreams I don’t remember.

4 comments:

Radish King said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
early hours of sky said...

Our horoscope says sweetie that we should pull in and nurture ourselves. Are moon is whacked. Sorry about my spelling skills I haven't been sleeping well. It is the first thing to go.

Radish King said...

I'm baking bread. Come over and have lunch with me. Bring the girls. I have a huge yard and lots of toys.

early hours of sky said...

That sounds amazing.