Wednesday, September 07, 2005


I am having one of those days where I either want a magic 8 ball to run over me or give me all the answers. I took my cat to the vet today and he has diabetes so now I have to give him shots, which I hate doing. Also my mother has severe diabetes so every time I go to give the cat his insulin this mean little voice tells me, I am going to get it and I am going to die. She is a mean little voice and deserves to be poked with a needle.

Plus my x husband wants to sell our old house. It is this beautiful two hundred year old Victorian house with a tower. I love that house. I could buy his half of the house but it needs TONS of work and I don�t know if I can live there and actually feel like I moved on with my life. Yet I fear I will never love a house like that one. Please run me over with a giant 8 ball�.

The Minnesota State Arts Board Grant is finished and mailed, next week I am in front of a panel to talk about my manuscript. I also begin teaching the very same day. Tomorrow I am writing query letters or I am watching 6 Feet Under.

T.V. is an evil beast but she expects nothing from me.  Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Radish King said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anne Haines said...

Oh goodness. What a day. I can't help with house or grant stuff, but my cat had diabetes for over 9 and a half years, so if there is anything I can help with about that, please backchannel me anytime. (ahaines at gmail dot com) Also check out felinediabetes.com because they have tons of really good information.

All mean little voices deserve to be poked with needles. Except not wimpy little insulin needles that don't even hurt (at least they don't hurt cats, I don't know about people). Poke the mean voices with big ass needles.