Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Bitter Tea

Well it is official the last positive energy from my time in Florida left my body today. It is amazing how quickly two children and two cats can drain it out of you. I don’t even remember what it felt like to wake up in a bed without elbows under my chin. And I am seriously depressed about it. None of my goals are met, the dishes aren’t done and I think my youngest child smells funny even though I’ve bathed her several times.

The bad thing about reading other people blogs is that you get to see how much free time everyone else has to write. The "I am drinking red wine and writing a poem" is making me sucidal so I need to stop reading blogs tonight. Well poetry is not happening in this house at the moment and I think I may be bitter, yep I’m bitter. I need tea and some more sleep.

2 comments:

Stuart Greenhouse said...

You're probably safe reading my blog. I have a young son, a geriatric dog, and a pregnant wife. Of course, I don't post as much as I should, but that's to be expected.

Seriously, you're right though, the free time taken so casually seems like an impossible fantasy, doesn't it? I mean, that it could ever be that way, for anybody, is maddening, sometimes.

LKD said...

Your horoscope, dear friend, could not be any more apt, methinks:

To God, a galaxy is "no more significant than a bacterium," wrote Rabbi Aryeh Kaplan, and yet "a single human being can be as significant to Him as an entire universe." Is that paradoxical enough for you, Leo? I hope you can find a way to love riddles like that in the coming weeks. You have arrived at a point in your astrological cycle when mysterious conundrums and apparent contradictions--especially the kind that stretch your mind inside-out and upside-down--are the best possible nourishment for your soul.