Wednesday, February 23, 2005

weekend

This weekend will be the weekend from hell. A lot of good things are happening but they all seem to be happening at the same time. Saturday I am teaching two workshops on Creativity & Children for The Rainbow Family Conference (it is an amazing conference) and that night I have my reading and the next day my best friend gets married, now if you throw in a kids birthday party that Bella just has to go to, you have my weekend.

The really sucky thing about having a busy weekend is that you spend all week getting really stressed out about it and I can’t change any of the above things. Now to take a deep breath and figure out what I am wearing.

Today in the mail I received my copy of the Comstock Review with my poem “Speak” in it; I have been a finalist three years in a row for their poetry competition always a bridesmaid never a bride.

Anyway I got over it because the galleys for Pleiades came in and my poem is on page 31. It has been a year and two weeks from the time the poem was accepted till now and it will be in the next issue. I really like Pleiades and I plan to break out a good bottle of wine.

No comments: