Thursday, February 24, 2005

Get Out

If you are in my blog get out and go read C.Dale Young’s post for the day. www.avoidmuse.blogspot.com He has brilliant advice about publishing and how to deal with rejection. Now if anyone would answer my question about the best time to send submissions. Does the time of year make a difference? It seems I get into more journals in Winter verses the Spring or Fall. What is up with that? It is possible that the gas fumes from being inside during a Minnesota Winter make me a better writer but I would like to hope it has something to do with the journals.

5 comments:

Charles said...

Ooh--are you in Minnesota?? I went to the U of M for undergrad and love and miss Minneapolis every day...

early hours of sky said...

Yes I live right in South Minneaplis in the heart of the artist section. My daughters go to a peace school right by the U. Have you ever done Split Rock Writing workshops in the summer? You can return (for a week) and they give wonderful fellowships. I studied with Dorriane Laux last summer.

Anonymous said...

i really enjoy reading your blog

Anonymous said...

its all a conspiracy!

Anonymous said...

very interesting. kinda makes you think