Saturday, February 05, 2005

hunger

I feel very boring lately. I am sure a hangover does this to a girl but I think I felt boring before the martinis last night. I believe in waves but I miss the hunger to get everything down on paper. I like hunger.

Pollock’s writings on painting are amazing. It is always interests me how someone can be so fearless in one area and so fearful in another, that someone being brilliant does not cut across the board. It is almost as if he used it all up on his art, his risk taking and it left him mad and broken.

I use to believe I would give up anything to be a great artist but then I found out sanity was underrated. And I don’t believe you need to suffer to reach the core of creativity.
I say I believe that, but I do have this small voice that says the hunger is gone because I am happy. I am in love, my girls are doing well. Is it possible to have all that and hunger????

No comments: