Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Readings

I will be reading in St. Paul, Minnesota on February 17 at 7pm, email me if you want directions and I will also be reading in Northeast Minneapolis on 26th for the Looseleaf Poetry Festival.
For you in the Portland area Dorriane Laux just sent me an email and she will be reading February 16th at the Blue Monk (3341 SE Belmont, PDX). Drinks at 7. The Reading starts around 7:30. It is for the Winter issue of Burnside Review which I am also in as well as our very own Rebecca www.radishking.blogspot.com I am not sure if Rebecca is reading but I may have to skip my own to attend hers.

I am glad both are close together. Looseleaf is forty minutes and I have never read that long and I am more nervous about it. I am afraid I may have to break into my tap dance routine plus they are billing me as a Forché’ protégée—no pressure what so ever!!! Personally I think if everyone’s expectations are low they are all pleasantly surprised and one can only be a let down compared to Carolyn Forché’ and besides I am my own voice. My head is very twisted on this issue.

Have I mentioned I am reading The Monster Lives of Boys and Girls, by Eleni Sikelianos. I like it a great deal, the whole book is set up in a different way and it is about half the normal size in height and fits into your pocket. It reminded me of those bibles we had to carry around in middle school. It was in love at first sight. I have so many books to read, I am forgetting that I have one to write or shall we say rewrite. A sad, sad truth.


2 comments:

steve mueske said...

Hey, I got the email from Kathy about your reading at the Coffee Grounds. I'll try to make it. Carol, whom you're reading with, is a classical cellist and plays for cancer patients -- interesting woman.

Radish King said...

Thanks, T, and congrats on your upcoming editorship. It's a wonderful and fulfilling job.
*cackles*