Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Good Mail

I worked on the manuscript for five hours today, now if I can get in the habit of doing this every week. It seems like I have two or three manuscripts going, I am always thinking of my next book which is an odd feeling considering I don’t have ONE yet.

I think I’ve come to the conclusion today that my writing life is very much like my real life. I am hardly ever satisfied. I don’t mean I’m not happy—I’m deliriously happy at some points but I always wonder what is around the corner, what the next thing is which is probably why it took me so long to find a good love but that’s another story.

In the mail today, good things; oh and I love my new mail man, he comes two hours earlier and he does not drop any of my mail in the yard. I’ve actually spent time in the past looking for the “pretend” acceptance letters which may or may not exist.

Anyway the Burnside Review came today and I am there along with Ms. Loudon, Paul Guest and Dorriane Laux. One of the cool things is that along with being in print with people I know, I have the poem I wrote while studying with Dorrianne. It was the first poem I wrote in class. The other thing is that they led with my two poems in the journal which is a nice surprise. I am hardly ever the first poem unless it’s alphabetical and all the A’s have been killed off. So I will take my present today and I will be content, at least for a moment.

No comments: