Sunday, February 13, 2005

poor mommy

Today I attended a roller rink with 17 of Isabel’s closest friends for her 7 th birthday and if you haven’t been to a roller rink since the early 80’s not much has changed, not even the music. I haven’t seen grown people dancing to Queen in a very long time, the only thing that seems to be different is that things glow in the dark which if you are trying to keep track of 17 kids is very helpful.

It is days like today when I believe every inch of poetry in my body has been sucked out by strobe lightening. I think of those people with their desks, papers and books and I wonder if I will ever have time to write. I had to hide in the bathroom for 15 minutes to read Celan for sanity. Maybe I should try alcohol.

1 comment:

666poetry-finchnot said...

oh poor mommy lol
oh i know the feeling

/ we went ice skating today / do you know how long it takes to lace up 6 pairs of skates & my own
thank god my g/f came with me

but i think / it's good exercise /
gotta do some thing / you know
ah yes / lately i've been waiting for inspiration / but i've been so sick and locked up /

17 kids eh / sounds like something my daughter would do / last summer she had 12 girls stay over night / + my own six / / bloody exhausting to say the least /

the best thing about days like this teresa is / eventually it ends & we get to go to bed & wake up & do it all again tomorrow


happy valentines day!

btw / i don't recommend the booze
although my self / i depend on a lot of herbal remedy / / some times i think it would be excellent to be an alcoholic
just drink & forget about everything

/ / imagine laying in the middle of kitchen floor just in time for the kids to get home from school / now there's a good mommy ;)

~fx